Monday, July 26, 2010

Day One....

Ahhh Monday morning....considering I didn't go to bed until about 1am (and for those who know me, I am NOT an night owl) this morning was a little rough. To top it off, the thought of not being able to have my cup of CAFFEINE made me want to crawl under my sheets and continue to hit snooze all day long.

But no!! I had to face the day. Because I have done cleanses before, I was well equipped to face the first challenge. How do I give up my cup of coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 every morning? I drink decaf. I find a dark roast decaf bean, grind it to coarse, and put it in my French press...and wa-lla. Coffee!! For cream I have tried many substitutes (some of which taste like flavored water), but my absolute favorite is SO DELICIOUS COCONUT MILK CREAMER



As I mentioned yesterday I typically begin my cleanse mornings with a smoothie. Today was no exception! This morning I made one of my favorites: Kale, Banana, Mango with Almond milk smoothie. Because of the frozen bananas and mangoes this smoothie has a very thick consistency which I love. It kept me full until lunch!






1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 frozen banana
a few frozen mango chunks
1 TBSP of ground flax seed (for fiber!!)
1 handful of raw KALE (you can barely taste it, I promise!)
1 pint glass (these make the best smoothie cup)

Speaking of lunch...today for lunch I made a Tuna Salad and ate it on top of a rice cake. And for "dessert" (i hate when people say they eat fruit for dessert...but I always like something sweet after lunch!!) a 1/2 of a peach.



The Tuna Salad consisted of:

1 small can of TUNA (I use the whole can so I will have leftovers)
1/4 cup diced cucumbers
a few diced green onions
1/4 cup diced black olives
2 TBP's of Hummus
pepper to taste

Lunch break is over...back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips on the coffee issue. So far the no coffee has been the hardest part of the cleanse for me. I need to find the coconut creamer.

    ReplyDelete