Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Not So Terrible Cleanse

Because of the craziness of my wedding and everything that surrounded it, my healthy lifestyle took a back seat for a few months. That’s why I am so unbelievably excited to be writing my first blog entry on CLEANSING. Don’t worry, this isn’t your crazy filtered water with chili pepper and maple syrup diet. A cleanse to me is getting back on track and eating healthy fresh foods that nourish our bodies. Of course there is a list of DO NOT EAT THESE FOODS during the cleanse, but there are still so many foods that you can eat. Follow me for the next two weeks and I will share with you my cleansing secrets including what I eliminate from my diet, the amazing delicious recipes I make, my “cheat” foods and way’s to cope with missing your evening adult beverage.

So…LET THE CLEANSE BEGIN!!

Here I go.

Typically I aim to cleanse for at least two weeks. I feel this is enough time to get my body and mind back on track. However, after cleansing I still eat very similar to what I eat during a cleanse. I just allow myself to indulge a bit more: breads, chocolate, red wine. You get the gist.

What I Eliminate:

Dairy (cheese, milk, sour cream, ½ and ½ , yogurt), wheat (I avoid breads,and anything with flour in it, but this isn’t a strict gluten free diet), sugar (natural sugars are ok occasionally) , caffeine (coffee is something I am obsessed with so I will drink decaf with coconut milk creamer if I absolutely need my morning cup), and lastly alcohol…yes that includes your fermented grape juice :)

What I will be eating:

WHOLE foods! Natural, mostly organic, non-processed foods. Veggies,fruits, grains, homemade salad dressings, grass feed meats, wild fish, grains such as quinoa and bulgur, tofu…and so much more deliciousness. Don’t fear if you don’t know what quinoa is, if you’ve never made a homemade salad dressing, or if every time you’ve made tofu it breaks apart and sticks to the bottom of the pan. When I prepare my meals I will share with you about each ingredient and how to prepare it!!

Besides grocery shopping tonight, I didn’t have much “Prep” time like slicing and dicing the veggies...

But I did have time for bananas. There's ALWAYS time for bananas!!I just slice them up and put them in the freezer. Frozen bananas give smoothies an irresistible texture...plus so much healthier to use the fruit for great texture than frozen yogurt or ice cream.



Off to bed for an early rise to start my week! (Though it never ended because I worked all weekend!)

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I cannot wait to follow along and hopefully join in soon! I just got back from Brazil, where all they serve is fried starchy meals. So I have been searching for an easy to follow cleanse! Yay, thank for doing this!
    GREAT Idea!
    -Jenna D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have you never told me about frozen bananas! They make ALL the difference!

    ReplyDelete