Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The soup was a complete...

Success!! It was oh-so-fabulous.


One thing I want to make a note of; be careful with how much soy sauce, "better than bouillon" goolosh and fish sauce you put in. The are all very high in sodium which isn't the best for you. I woke up feeling like a puff fish. And you don't need much. The flavors of the fresh veggies, garlic and ginger are enough to overwhelm you palate.

Thai Inspired Soup:
(this is a rough estimate)
-2 quarts of water (1quart=4 cups)
-3ish scoops of the Organic Better Than Bouillon
*I put in more and it was way too salty for my liking. I would recommend tasting it as you put each scoop in.
-2 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce
-1-2 TBSP of Thai Fish Sauce
-Thai thin rice noodles (follow directions on box. These must be boiled first then rinsed in cold water)
-2 TBSP of fresh ginger
-2 TBSP of fresh garlic
-2 cups of shrimpies
-Lots of veggies!! I used about 2 cups of rainbow swiss chard, 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup of green onions, 1 cup Mung Beans,
-Cilantro, limes and Sriracha to garnish

The soup only needs to boil for about 8-10 minutes....I would put the garlic and ginger in towards the end. Andrea did this by mistake (great mistake) but we loved it so much because the flavors were so much stronger!

This morning I woke up with no headache!! Such a relief. I was however craving something sweet so I spiced up the coffee a bit...with fresh nutmeg and Light Agave Syrup (agave is one of my "cheat" foods. You only need a drizzle!!)





It reminds me a bit of Christmas :)

Long day today! Busy work day and my goal is to go for a 4 mile run after. I'll let you know how that goes...





No comments:

Post a Comment