Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Tea Time

I have had tea the past two mornings! No coffee. Crazy but true. I don't know why but it just hasn't sounded good to me. Maybe it's my body's way of telling me "You are now fully cleansed."

My cousin Jenny (who I look up to in so many ways...even though she is younger) introduced me to a new tea. She's a big tea drinker so I went to her for some advice. She recommended a decaffeinated and naturally sweet tea.

It was so yummy. I loved it because it didn't have the gross after taste that most teas have. Also, it was sweet which is a huge bonus. It's naturally sweetened with Stevia. Stevia is a great alternative to sugar because it has no effect on you blood glucose (sugar) levels. I'll get more into it in some other post...

Yesterday morning I was starving. A smoothie wasn't going to cut it for me. I decided to make a scramble since I had some eggs and veggies that needed to be used up. Unfortunately I put way to much salt in it. Always pour in your hand first!! I did not take this advice and it came pouring out all of my eggs. YUCK.

Lunch was just a hodge-podge of things I had left in my refrigerator. I ended up making a Rice and Bean Salad. I heated the rice and beans and put them on top of lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado. The taste was OK and it was pretty filling because of the rice and beans.

Even though I was full I was craving something sweet. So I popped some frozen mango's in the microwave (30 seconds is enough to soften them and leave them cold). Having them still be cold is the key. I then topped with Artisana's Coconut Butter (I finally took a pic!!). Because the mango's were still cold the coconut butter hardened on to them like the chocolate on a chocolate dipped cone. It was one of my most exciting discoveries ever. So amazingly tasty.

The afternoon didn't go so well for me. I ended up getting a horrid headache. So I had to rest all evening. No working out. No cooking.

Lastly, the cleanse will end tonight at 8pm (perhaps with a ceremonial glass of Cabernet Sauvignon) . I know I said I usually do it for 2 weeks but I managed 2 whole work weeks and 1 weekend so I am very happy with that. I take off on Monday for a 6 day work trip so I want to semi-adjust before I leave. However, I'm going to stay off the caffeine, and not eat much wheat and sugar. I just feel so much better!

This weekend I will be giving my blog a little face lift. I'll let you know when it's ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment