Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let’s Celebrate…take two

I was watching the clock Friday night. As I mentioned my cleanse would be over at 8pm. Ryan and I had talked about either opening a nice bottle of wine or getting a celebratory fro yo. I wasn’t in a wine mood Friday night (I know weird right?) so we chose the fro yo. We went to Yumi Yogurt in Los Gatos. They have the BEST Fro Yo I have ever tasted. They have some non-fat options, but I got the SNICKERS flavor and it definitely did not taste non-fat…or even low fat. I was in heaven.

For about 5 minutes.

You see, I am lactose intolerant. The past few years it hasn't been so bad. I can tolerate some cheeses, yogurt and half and half. But when you remove a specific food product from your diet (especially one that is you are potentially allergic/sensitive too) you will become so much more aware of your bodies reaction to this food once you reintroduce it.

I felt so ill. The morning was worse. Let’s just say it almost kept me from running my planned 6 mile run. After a couple pit stops I was able to make it to the beginning of the Los Gatos trail. It was a gorgeous morning and there were tons of runners on the trail so I was able to focus on just completing the run and not how ouchy my stomach felt.

Take Two…

It definitely was a wine night Saturday night. We joined Alapay Cellars wine club a couple months ago and have been patiently waiting to try a bottle from our first shipment. I randomly found this winery while at my bachelorette party in Avila Beach. They have a small little tasting room that we found and every wine I tasted (which was many) was good! That is a rare find. They have some of the best wines I have ever tasted.


We choose a 2008 Pinot Noir. I’m usually not the biggest fan of Pinot however like I said all of Alapay’s wines are good.


Check out our cool Vinturi Red Wine Aerator This does the same job as a decanter. It really makes a big difference in taste. We’ve done many taste tests ☺


This Pinot almost knocked me off my chair. The flavor was so BIG with hints of cherry and pepper. YUM. The best part is it didn’t make me sick! I felt wonderful this morning.

Ryan and I decided to go down to the Campbell farmers market. Such a good market...I'm glad we brought the camera.







Lastly, it’s my baby puppy Bella’s 2nd Birthday today. I bought her a Cake Cookie Treat and gave it to her before her birthday hike. She loved it!



Delicious dinner!! Ingredients from farmers market!



I’m off to Portland tomorrow for a 6 day work trip. Yay! Eating out for 6 days…I’ll let you know how it goes!

Still working on the new blog...

5 comments:

  1. Spicy, cherry-flavored pinots are definitely my favorite. How are you liking the Vinturi? I got one recently and I think it makes the funniest noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually Pinot's are "bold" enough for me but this one was great! I love the Vinturi...the sound is really funny. If I were having a nice dinner party I would probably use a decanter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...just as you were writing about getting fro yo...I wanted to yell....No Ally! Don't do it! Too late:)

    Love Alapay wines....

    Did Ryan take the pictures at the Farmer's Market? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALAPAY IS SOOOO GOOD!

    Yes Ryan did take the pics. They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete