Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wine Night...

WOW...long couple of days. I have been on the road meeting with clients and Ryan has been working 12 hr+ days! Good Lord...

The good thing about being on the road is sometimes I get to see the people I love. I stayed over in Santa Rosa last night which was so fun. I got to see my sister and my brother in law (Mike) for a couple of hours. Christy and I went out to a great Thai Food place while Mike played softball. Before dinner we went on a walk with Christy's good friend Megan (and my friend too!).

I started this morning with a quick 3 mile run. Knowing I was going to be on my butt for most of the day driving around I wanted to get in a some type of workout.

Fast forward to the end of my day...I stopped in Santa Cruz (after being in Monterey) and visited a bit with my Mommy. Then I cruised to the West Side to spend some time with my lovely mom-in-law and my amazingly beautiful sister-in-law. Sooo good to see them! I feel like I haven't seen all of them in forever but it's only been a couple of weeks!

I rushed home to get dinner going so it would be ready for Ryan when he got home. Tonight's menu: Pesto Stuffed Chicken with Brown Rice.

*The rice wasn't ready in time for the pic.

Recipe:
-Two Chicken Breasts (all natural)
-1/2 of lemon. Thinly sliced and layed on top of the chicken breast
-1 tomato (seeded)
-Julienned basil
-1 cup of dry brown rice (mixed with 2 cups water in rice cooker)

-PESTO
*1 1/2 cup of whole basil leaves
*2 TBSPof EVOO
*1 TBSP of H2O
*3 BIG cloves of garlice
*1/4 cup of Reggiano Parmigiano
*1-2 TBSP of walnuts
*juice from 1/2 small lemon
*pinch of salt

(blended in a cuisinart!)

I butterflied the chicken and stuffed it with pesto. I sauteed 1 fresh cut tomato with 1 clove of garlic and used that to top the chicken. Then I garnished with freshly grated parmesean cheese and basil.

And of course...RED WINE!!! Another amazing Alapay wine tonight. We finished the whole bottle. It was just one of those nights...


No comments:

Post a Comment