Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Road Again...


I was up at the crack of dawn this morning because I had meetings in Fairfeild and Vacaville. Not my favorite places in California to drive to.

I wasn't hungry at 6:30am but forced myself to eat a big bowl of oatmeal. I packed some road snacks...cashews & dried cranberries, and an apple. For lunch I went to Amichi's East Coast Pizzeria. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find something to eat because it was a pizza place. OMG they had a gluten free menu! This made is super easy to find something that was "cleanse friendly". I got a spinach salad and added chicken.

When I got home I was starving so I made myself my morning smoothie (at 4:30pm). I knew I needed to eat before my long run. If I run on a completely empty stomach it's a migraine waiting to happen. Blah. So I usually have a small snack about 1 hour before.

My run was a success! 5 miles. The best advice I ever got about running is when my coworker told me "...running doesn't feel good. It will always hurt! But it feels so good when you complete your runs. You just have to push through."

And that's exactly what I did. I just kept repeating in my head "running will always hurt!!" But how good did I feel when I got home? Amazing!

Tonight for dinner I made Cilantro Shrimp. I found the recipe in this months Cooking Light.


I didn't really enjoy it too much. But I think that's due to the fact I had to de-shell and de-vein all the shrimp. It made me a bit nauseous. Overall it's a really easy recipe! I think I would've enjoyed it more if someone else prepped the shrimp for me. So I recommend trying it out.

My wedding prints just arrived. I'm so excited to get them in frames and on the walls!

You know what else I am excited for...only a few more days...







No comments:

Post a Comment